Monday, April 12, 2010

Lime Crime Makeup


The first thing I have to say about Lime Crime Makeup is that it is simply GLEEFUL! This makeup line is created by the inspirational blogger and fashionista, Doe Deere. I have been reading Doe’s blog for a while now, like a lot of her fans I loved all her makeup tutorials that she did before she started a steady blog. I’ve been using L.C. for over a year and I absolutely love it. I have 8 more subdued colors from the magic dust collection. I would really love to buy some of the brighter colors for both photo shoots and every day wear.

The colors I have in my collection are: Siren, Pompadour, Medusa, Empress, Princess Caraboo, Crystal Ball, Twilight, and a special nameless purple that I got for free. The eye shadows go on very smooth with a primer and can also be applied with a slightly wet brush as well. I have even used the magic dust as a lip color for a photo shoot and Halloween!

I have the older containers that have less product than you currently get but I think it’s still plenty, especially if you aren’t wearing it every day. Lime Crime was the first (and so far only) loose powder eye shadow I’ve gotten and it was a new experience. I would highly recommend using an eye shadow primer if you want to get a bold look because it makes the eye shadow stick better, go on brighter and stay much longer.

I also have the discontinued makeup brushes from Lime Crime. The 6 piece set came in a great carrying case and are very good quality. You never really realize what good quality is until you get it; I very rarely use the makeup brushes that come in the solid shadow I buy. I would love to see L.C. come out with makeup brushes again at some point so everybody that buys the makeup can experience great application.

I have yet to try L.C. lipsticks. I don’t normally wear lipstick and a few of the colors are a little extreme for me, but I would love to have a couple for photo shoots. From what I have seen the colors are very creamy and opaque. When I get the chance to buy new makeup I will probably purchase the Cosmopop and Retrofuturist lipsticks, as well as about 6 or so more of the magic dusts (if I can afford all that!). I have not had any issues with Lime Crime Makeup, so from the products that I have tried so far I give Lime Crime a 5 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment